Cinnamon ʻUlu French Toast Bake
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 large apple banana sliced
- 3 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 cup coconut sugar or local honey
- 8 cups ʻulu, steamed & cube
- coconut oil to grease a baking dish
- Optional: 1/2 cup of raisins
- Blend coconut milk, banana, chia, vanilla, cinnamon and coconut sugar or honey until smooth, add raisins if you’d like.
- Place ʻulu in a single layer in a greased baking dish.
- Pour mixture over ʻulu and soak overnight in the refrigerator.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30-45 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with local honey, fresh fruit or toasted nuts.
This recipe was produced by https://www.kokuahawaiifoundation.org/blog/detail/ulu_breadfruit_holiday_recipes