Green ʻUlu Hummus
- 2 cups ʻulu, (steamed, peeled, cored)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves washed
- 1/2 cup fresh laupele or ʻuala leaves washed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil to taste
- 3-5 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
- black and white sesame for garnish
- Cut ʻulu into 1-2 inch pieces.
- Place in a Vitamix, food processor, or high speed blender and blend.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and blend.
- Add a small amount of water to help liquefy for your preferred hummus consistency.
- Season to taste, and serve with chips, crackers, and/or vegetables.
This recipe was produced by https://www.kokuahawaiifoundation.org/blog/detail/ulu_breadfruit_holiday_recipes