A traditional Caribbean easy-to-make soup. Simply cook a head of garlic, onions and tomato paste in coconut oil until tender. Add cubed breadfruit and enough water to make a thick broth. Add thyme, scallions/spring onions, some seasoning and simmer for about 40 minutes. Let cool slightly before blending in batches until smooth. Serve with freshly chopped parsley or cilantro for garnish. Enjoy!
- - 1 head of garlic minced
- - 2 onions diced
- - 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- - 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- - 1 large breadfruit cubed
- - 4 cups water
- - 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- - 2 scallions/spring onions chopped
- - Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and onions and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and stir to combine. Cook for another minute or two until fragrant.
- Add the cubed breadfruit and enough water to make a thick broth. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer for about 40 minutes or until the breadfruit is tender.
- Add the thyme, scallions/spring onions, salt and pepper to taste and simmer for another 10 minutes or so until all flavors have combined nicely.
- Let cool slightly before blending in batches until smooth (you can also use an immersion blender). Serve with freshly chopped parsley or cilantro for garnish if desired. Enjoy!