Spicy Breadfruit Fries
Breadfruit was a staple when I lived in Sri Lanka – and, boy-oh-boy, is it versatile! It can be boiled, baked, and roasted and enjoyed either in a sweet, savory or spicy dish – like these Spicy Breadfruit Fries.
- 1 breadfruit , peeled and sliced
- 3 tbsp coriander
- 3 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper according to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Add the coriander, smoked paprika, turmeric, and cumin to a bowl and mix well
- Then add in the olive oil and mix
- Add in the sliced breadfruit pieces and toss well so they are coated well with the olive oil/spice mix
- Spread out the breadfruit pieces on a foil-lined baking tray and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Enjoy with ketchup or sambal oelek.
This recipe was produced by https://savoryspin.com/spicy-breadfruit-fries/